Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service entails saving and/or sharing given content on a hosting server administered by a website hosting company. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a glimpse at them. In this way, you can decide what you need, based on whether you wish to launch a blog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and partners.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by some firms, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans are frequently supported by displaying ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given spell of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally untrue interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would share the tasks at hand between separate groups of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a kind of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain vendors offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a large quantity of pictures with buddies or associates since the service is commonly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to administering your e-mail box accounts. Some firms offer web hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an email service. If you want to open a mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have a problem with your web hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to possess as many videos as you desire without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to own a website. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and e-mail aliases, upload videos, and so on. At publimass, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for specific web content exclusively.